Friday, January 23, 2009

Old Shit I Found on an Envelope

When Acid Rage were playing, Jeff would usually start the riffs and I would add some bass lines before we would even BEGIN to think about lyrics. Those bands that start with words first, I don't know how they do it to be honest. Not my thing. If the music isn't going to pull people in, then the words won't either. You HAVE to make sure you have something worth LISTENING TO FIRST.

That said, we did create a big folder of lyrics that I stuffed in a folder in my pedal bag. I found this scribbled down on the back of some unpaid bill from 1990 or so. I have NO MEMORY of it all. But I guess I have about NO MEMORY of anything that happened back then.

Like a kiss of the devil, it sucked me in.
A creeping paranoia, it will seize me day by day.
Like the deadly viper with poisoned teeth
it is getting in my blood, like a brain desease.

Oh no, the thrill has become a curse,
oh no, the right has turned to wrong.
Oh yes, I had only myself to blame,
oh yes, I should have seen it coming.
I think it was about one of my exes!

-Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment